From the first cry to the everlasting waiting, you and I had been together through every fret and fever of life. There hasn’t been a day when both of us do not feel the same. You are the replica of mine. Whatever I feel, whatever achs me, whatever hurts me to the core, you feel the same. I had been fond of Rings since my childhood. I remember my parents bought me a tiny cute little gold ring when I was 6. But unfortunately, by the time I turned 7, I outgrew my favorite attires and also that beautiful ring. The ring so tenaciously adhered to you that, my father had to cut it out from you while I was asleep. Sometimes even non-living things get attached to the place they are in. It takes a lot of time and perseverance to settle in a place and when one has to leave it, letting go becomes difficult, doesn’t it?
You and I have always wanted LOVE to be an integral part of our life. Like me, even you want the baggage of love, the baggage of commitment, the responsibility of a relationship, the conviction of an anchor, the contentment of having a home. There are days when we end up feeling empty. With a big hollow within us and around us. On days it becomes dark, without a strand of hope, without a ray of sunshine. We try to wear it in the façade of not caring enough, I get so bewildered by it that I start believing it. But every time I look at you, It reminds me of the pretense that I wear. However, hard I try, I cannot ignore the fact that You and I are in wait for the one.
When Céline Dion sings “Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime, and never let go of ‘ill we are gone…”, it melts us. Pretending something that one is not is a devastating feeling. It kills us, eats us, churns us, grinds us from every part. We are believers. We believe that things gonna fall in place come what may. And so does we believe that Love will find us and shelter us in its boughs. We tried it once, we fell in love. So madly in love. We gave whatever we had, whatever our heart was capable of. But things don’t always work out the way we plan them. So did that relationship. Thereafter, I even wandered in the solitude of One-sided Love and found out that it was way easier. It didn’t bound me, I could love with open wings. But the aimless flight exhausts us after a time. One seeks a shelter to rest. And that’s when I realized that come what may, in the end, all we long for is a shelter, an anchor, a home.
With deep sighs and hope, you and I will keep on waiting. Because waiting has the beauty of its own. It is the journey towards the destination, towards the ultimate address. Every day You and I wake up with the burden of emptiness within and on us. I know sometimes the weight of desolation falls heavy on us and we break down. But you have taught me to keep Hope tied in our veins. There is nothing more powerful than faith and we must keep faith in whatever we believe. I know tomorrow morning You and I will wake up again feeling each other, feeling empty, feeling desolate but that’s the joy of waiting.
2020 has been a rough year for most of us out here. It has been one of my toughest years and it taught me a lot. I have lost people, who are never coming back. I have been mentally disturbed too, and I wanted to write about it but I didn't know how to put it. All thanks to @sangfroid_soul , for her post really showed me that writing about 2020 is not as much of a bad idea as I thought.
Twenty things that I will carry forward from 2020 :
1) People might leave and you might not get a chance to bid the final goodbye. So make sure you are always in some sort of touch with people who matter, else you will spend next years of yours drenched in regret. (I have lost three very close people this year, I wasn't in talking terms with two of them and now when I think about it, I cuss myself in every way possible. I cannot even close my eyes at times.) So always choose your words carefully, so that you don't regret them because you never which of it could be your last conversation with someone.
2) Time spent with family is precious. You are growing older and so are your parents and grand parents. Talk with them whenever you have time, else you will never know when there will be this huge difference in perspective between yours and theirs, which will only make life difficult in coming times for either side. And trust me, you will get to learn something out of every conversation.. for no matter what, they have seen more world than you.
3) What you read and what you watch plays an important part in shaping up the kind of person you are to become. Make sure you choose your read list and watchlist carefully. (Try avoiding salman khan movies)
4) Don't be judgemental. Let people do whatever they want to do, wear whatever they want to wear, eat whatever they want to eat. As long as it is not hurting anyone, let it be. No one is ever completely right, or wrong. Neither are you or them, nor are the ones who preach about right and wrong. Try being empathetic.
5) All of us have our own therapy that helps us calm ourselves down. For me it is painting. It could be writing or cooking or reading or may be anything else for you. Make sure you figure out yours, because it helps a lot. Art can do wonders, it can take your mind and soul to places that you cannot even imagine. Art works better than any medicine.
6) Trust is an important thing. Make sure you don't regret where and on whom you place your trust. People are cruel, sometimes as cruel as you, sometimes even more. Be wise.
7) People might hear a lot, but they listen what they want to listen to, they believe what they want to believe and they see what they want to see. So make sure you tell your story to the right people. For you never know how the wrong ones are going to carry forward the story.
8) We all create stories in our head. We all are the heroes of our stories, but just know that not every story needs a villain. Don't forcefully defame someone and make him the villain just to glorify the hero. Because people love glorifying stories and and they love to hate and criticise. They will hate him more than they will love you.
9) World is a beautiful place, and love makes it more beautiful. Try understanding what love really is. It is not just romantic, it has lots of dimensions to it. Seek for the right kind of love in the right places, life will get easier.
10) Self love is important. Before you try loving somebody, make sure you love yourself in the proper way.
11) There is no perfect time to fall for love. So if love finds its way into your life, embrace it. If it really is love, it is meant to heal you. Don't let it go, you will regret way more than you can imagine.
12) Don't argue with someone who thinks supporting the government makes him a patriot. Just say those three magical words and walk away.
13) Religion plays an important role in our world (specially in my country). Just know that you can love and respect your religion without defaming somebody else's. Don't fall for a political propaganda.
14) What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. Learn to accept the fact that you can be on the wrong side of things as well, and it is totally alright and you can always apologise.
15) Social media is a beautiful hoax. Never prioritise it. When you are in a moment, live it.. don't waste it by taking pictures after pictures. A picture in your heart is worth a million in your phone's gallery.
16) Stay away from people who make you believe that you cannot be loved. Stay away from those who LOVE TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE. Not everyone deserves an explanation. Don't waste your words.
17) Mirakee is one amazing place. It has helped me, and surely to most of it's members in lots of ways. It has helped me get over lots of tough nights, it has helped me write in a way I never knew I could. It is a beautiful habit, but make sure it stays as a habit, try not making it an addiction.
18) After you get through your initial phase in mirakee, you slowly become a part of the family, and that is when the eminence steps in. Make sure you write for yourself, make sure you focus on what you want to write and not what people want to read. This place is like a home to you, and me and lots of others.. keep this place clean.
19) You will come across new people everyday. Just be wise and carefully choose the people who you decide to keep around you (not just in mirakee). Eight out of ten hands are for shaking, not for holding.
20) Covid-19 virus was a curse to the entire world. We all have lost people and time, and life hasn't been much kind in last eight-ten months. Make sure you never forget it or what it has taught you. So that ten years from now when you look back, you can thank 2020 for making you wise and showing you that even the darkest of nights end and life goes on, no matter who or what is left behind.