Everyone, when they are young, knows what their destiny is. "At that point in their lives, everything is clear and everything is possible. They are not afraid to dream, and to yearn for everything they would like to see happen to them in their lives. But, as time passes, a mysterious force begins to convince them that it will be impossible for them to realize their destiny."
#mirakee#mirakeeworld #mirakeecommunity#poetry#love#heart#life@writersnetwork@mirakee ....................................................................................... Let her sleep don't disturb her peace, She's in pain, internally she bleeds, Mind is numbed,mood swings on peak, She's strong but sometimes she weeps, Just sit besides her to provide the comfort she seeks, her heart is a fragile place out of which the emotions leaks, Provide some warmth to her shivering cold feets, She's out of her energy sometimes she might not eat, Just give her some chocolates her favourite sweets, Just listen to her rhythmic heartbeats until she speaks, She'll be back to normal dancing on her feets, Don't let the situations deceit,until then Let her sleep don't disturb her peace!! ........................................................................................
2020 has been a rough year for most of us out here. It has been one of my toughest years and it taught me a lot. I have lost people, who are never coming back. I have been mentally disturbed too, and I wanted to write about it but I didn't know how to put it. All thanks to @sangfroid_soul , for her post really showed me that writing about 2020 is not as much of a bad idea as I thought.
Twenty things that I will carry forward from 2020 :
1) People might leave and you might not get a chance to bid the final goodbye. So make sure you are always in some sort of touch with people who matter, else you will spend next years of yours drenched in regret. (I have lost three very close people this year, I wasn't in talking terms with two of them and now when I think about it, I cuss myself in every way possible. I cannot even close my eyes at times.) So always choose your words carefully, so that you don't regret them because you never which of it could be your last conversation with someone.
2) Time spent with family is precious. You are growing older and so are your parents and grand parents. Talk with them whenever you have time, else you will never know when there will be this huge difference in perspective between yours and theirs, which will only make life difficult in coming times for either side. And trust me, you will get to learn something out of every conversation.. for no matter what, they have seen more world than you.
3) What you read and what you watch plays an important part in shaping up the kind of person you are to become. Make sure you choose your read list and watchlist carefully. (Try avoiding salman khan movies)
4) Don't be judgemental. Let people do whatever they want to do, wear whatever they want to wear, eat whatever they want to eat. As long as it is not hurting anyone, let it be. No one is ever completely right, or wrong. Neither are you or them, nor are the ones who preach about right and wrong. Try being empathetic.
5) All of us have our own therapy that helps us calm ourselves down. For me it is painting. It could be writing or cooking or reading or may be anything else for you. Make sure you figure out yours, because it helps a lot. Art can do wonders, it can take your mind and soul to places that you cannot even imagine. Art works better than any medicine.
6) Trust is an important thing. Make sure you don't regret where and on whom you place your trust. People are cruel, sometimes as cruel as you, sometimes even more. Be wise.
7) People might hear a lot, but they listen what they want to listen to, they believe what they want to believe and they see what they want to see. So make sure you tell your story to the right people. For you never know how the wrong ones are going to carry forward the story.
8) We all create stories in our head. We all are the heroes of our stories, but just know that not every story needs a villain. Don't forcefully defame someone and make him the villain just to glorify the hero. Because people love glorifying stories and and they love to hate and criticise. They will hate him more than they will love you.
9) World is a beautiful place, and love makes it more beautiful. Try understanding what love really is. It is not just romantic, it has lots of dimensions to it. Seek for the right kind of love in the right places, life will get easier.
10) Self love is important. Before you try loving somebody, make sure you love yourself in the proper way.
11) There is no perfect time to fall for love. So if love finds its way into your life, embrace it. If it really is love, it is meant to heal you. Don't let it go, you will regret way more than you can imagine.
12) Don't argue with someone who thinks supporting the government makes him a patriot. Just say those three magical words and walk away.
13) Religion plays an important role in our world (specially in my country). Just know that you can love and respect your religion without defaming somebody else's. Don't fall for a political propaganda.
14) What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. Learn to accept the fact that you can be on the wrong side of things as well, and it is totally alright and you can always apologise.
15) Social media is a beautiful hoax. Never prioritise it. When you are in a moment, live it.. don't waste it by taking pictures after pictures. A picture in your heart is worth a million in your phone's gallery.
16) Stay away from people who make you believe that you cannot be loved. Stay away from those who LOVE TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE. Not everyone deserves an explanation. Don't waste your words.
17) Mirakee is one amazing place. It has helped me, and surely to most of it's members in lots of ways. It has helped me get over lots of tough nights, it has helped me write in a way I never knew I could. It is a beautiful habit, but make sure it stays as a habit, try not making it an addiction.
18) After you get through your initial phase in mirakee, you slowly become a part of the family, and that is when the eminence steps in. Make sure you write for yourself, make sure you focus on what you want to write and not what people want to read. This place is like a home to you, and me and lots of others.. keep this place clean.
19) You will come across new people everyday. Just be wise and carefully choose the people who you decide to keep around you (not just in mirakee). Eight out of ten hands are for shaking, not for holding.
20) Covid-19 virus was a curse to the entire world. We all have lost people and time, and life hasn't been much kind in last eight-ten months. Make sure you never forget it or what it has taught you. So that ten years from now when you look back, you can thank 2020 for making you wise and showing you that even the darkest of nights end and life goes on, no matter who or what is left behind.
1. No communication and miscommunication is going to lead you nowhere. Speak what you feel as it is. Atleast try. Misunderstandings are bound to come if you are hesitant to be there for the person.
2. You'll be loved but learn to love yourself first. If you yourself cannot love or understand you, how do you expect someone to love you? Don't be in a trance that someone will make you feel loved and you'll love yourself. So when the person leaves, you'll forget to love yourself? What if that someone doesn't come in the first place?
3. Inside you is a writer and a warrior. All of us are living stories, inhaling words and exhaling poems. Each of us is a walking war torn place and a graveyard where we bury our dreams and hopes. You're never devoid of words as long as you have thoughts and you have around 6200 thoughts daily. Writer's block is a facade, a lie. What you call writer's block is, the feeling of not possessing new ideas and fluency. How does one prevent this feeling? Read. Never stop reading.
4. No one can understand you. The only person coming closest to understanding and being there for you is YOU. How to make this practical? Meditation. Meditation is the only key. Someone who personally used to hate this, is no longer. It's helpful. Control your breaths when in a situation where you don't know what to do. Take a deep breath. Breathe out. Do this until you feel good. Smile. Then react accordingly with a calm mind.
5. Your time is yours. Don't expect motivation to come from outside. It's okay to listen to motivational speech but it's temporary until the feeling of inspiration comes from within. Divide your time. The only time you have is NOW. Note down important things to do and stick it on your wall, and stick to it. Reward yourself if you complete. Be gentle in the beginning but equally strict. Learn to prioritise.
6. I know you have vibe problems with people. The simplest thing is to make distance with them. Don't let them enter your personal space and mind. Someone must have vibe problem with you. Keep calm and forget them.
7. Maintain a diary(could be mental too).
8. Never stop writing. Never stop reading.
9. Mirakee is addictive. Mirakee is toxic. Mirakee is beneficial. Mirakee is dangerous. Doesn't everything come with pros and cons? Every invention is boon or bane based on who uses it. Limit the people with whom you share personal information. Remember how you fall in love with some characters of some novels? Augustus Waters? Theodore Finch? Hardin Scott? Hermione Granger? Mr. Darcy? You loved them, didn't you? Same happens. You'll love some words of exceptionally good writers. Then it goes away. And someone new replaces them. Learn to differ between infatuation and love and lust.
What about Severus Snape? We hated him since the beginning and in the end, we couldn't help just revere him. What about Draco Malfoy. I feel that no one is bad. Everyone tries to be bad because there's a certain coolness in being bad, they think or maybe they can't help but behave in a way that we end up hating. I agree with the fact that some people portray toxic male and female chauvinism and give rape threats. More prevalent in online platform because you can easily attire anonymity. You cannot terminate all of them. All I can advise is, block.
At most use social media for 2 hours. I know you use it more than that ;) Use it to your benefit. Filter toxicity.
10. Most things don't go as planned. Remember how people were excited at the end of 2019? Well. Are they now? No. Personally nothing went as I planned in 2020. Neither do have I any regrets, except, if only I knew how unimaginably unexpected this year would do go and that too in a good manner, I would have more lived in the moment. But that's the beauty, perhaps.
11. Death. You can neither control it nor expect when it would hit you. There'll be a physical void. And none of us can really avoid death. But the thing is, we get used to it until there's no more the void. Do you remember George floyd and Breonna taylor? This year our world lost many a great personalities, Chadwick Boseman, Diego Maradona, Kobe Bryant, Sushant Singh Rajput, Rishi Kapoor, Irrfan Khan, S.P. Balasubramaniam, Saroj Khan etc. Had we expected their death? No. That's the thing about death. We lost uncountable doctors and covid warriors. Some family members, some random people and people we knew. One day everyone is going to die. Tell the things you always wished to say to them RIGHT NOW. I'm going to die. My parents. My siblings. My friends. The vibe problem people. The people with whom I have vibe problem. People whom I admire. People I'm going to meet. You cannot apologize to one's corpse.
12. "A simple virus has brought life as we know it to a screeching halt" It has undoubtedly brought people together despite the distance. Life is short. Shorter than you can imagine. Each moment has its urgency and meaning. You need pain in your life. That doesn't mean you have to romanticise pain and cling to it. It's just that we take things for granted. One of the things being life, itself.
13. Learn to respect your parents. Doesn't mean agreeing to what they say, disregarding your interests. Just learn how to convince them. Every parent has a certain degree of expectations from his/her progeny. Oftentimes pressure from their own parents and friends and society. I think parents too should realise each child has its own needs and hidden talents.
14. Spend time with Nature. Skies and clouds, stars and moon, are Beautiful beyond point. Soothing and peace serving non living entities that's breathing, and giving you energy. Watch some good cult movies. Eat chocolate. Share emotions and feelings. Use paint therapy. Using colors is art itself. Sing. Listen songs. Close eyes. Don't judge. Don't compare. Don't pretend. Don't turn a blind eye to your problems. Don't run away from them. Face them. Make someone smile. Make yourself smile.
15. DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF. Everyone is beautiful/unique in their ways. But still people are going to be envious and show someone superior or inferior based on their perception. Some even discriminate on the basis of jobs. Every job has its importance.
16. Experiences would teach you more than facts. Sometimes prevention is better than cure. There's always room for improvement. And to imbue good things in yourself.
17. Let go of some things. For example. Bjp. Time waits for none. Not even for itself.
18. Mental health disorders exist. Accept that. It's just that in this era it's difficult to differentiate who truly possesses depression and those who are confusing pain to depression. You do not know what that person might be going through. Depression shouldn't be a taboo to talk on, but never make jokes on it. Never make fun of someone's insecurities. Depression doesn't have a particular taste. If you're around someone who you feel is going through depression, they do not need someone who talks, they need a listening ear and most of us are bad listeners. If you're someone who has depression, then talk. If it's worsening, don't shy away to meet a psychiatrist. It's not simple to do either of them, but one helpful ear and one listening heart can save a life. The only thing which I feel wrong is, we are to some extent, making depression a trend. Do not turn a blind eye. Depression isn't cool. Depression isn't a cause of death, but increases the chances of death. Death can be avoided.
19. We are fighting. Some children are fighting since their birth. Some have to work to earn their daily bread. Some children have everything. But reality hits a little harder when you're 16, 17, 18 and life thence becomes your own. I know how it is. Maybe I do not know. For one thing, Climate change is real and mankind is taking nature to be granted. Not only humans are on the brink of endangering themselves any time now, they are the reason for the extinction and endangering for various life forms. It's a known fact, resources are depleting, unemployment is sprouting, and our economy doesn't need any special references. People are spreading hate on social media. I don't know how are we gonna survive through this all. I don't know what am I really good at. All I can do is do what I must do for the time being, and not lose hope and hold onto myself.