Sometimes I wonder if Vincent Van Gogh could have healed himself without cutting his left ear off in temper. I am afraid if the world sought perfection from him and his paintings, only after he lost his own significance.
Sometimes I wonder if the moon feels a little claustrophobic among many of the luminous stars. I am afraid she has the strong urge to surrender and forever abandon the night sky.
As I a child, I always chose blue crayon for the sky and green for the grass. My sunrise was orange and pink, while the sea was embellished with golden fishes. I didn't even touch the snow on the top of the glacier. It was supposed to be sacred.
As I grew up, the blue sky was smudged with black smog. The trees and the green grass were now homeless, struggling to find a place amidst thirty-storey buildings. The sunrises and sunsets seeing all this, hid themselves in the shame.
I could foresee a world where water will be as precious as gold, count fishes under the list of extinct animals because plastics weren't in their menu.
The colourless snow on top of the glaciers, melted slowly, destroyed the gates of humanity. Maybe they took their revenge from us, for de-colouring the mother earth.
1. I have hedged myself from the risk of falling in love ; it all ends the same. Catastrophic, sombre.
2. I am a staunch believer in the alchemy words can perform. If spoken lightly, how heavy can they be. Very!
3. When you are drowning, even the shark feels like lifeguard. And there lies the test of your courage. to stay alone and live or to stay merrily but die.
4. You cross oceans when you are intoxicated. I can’t even cross the road when I am sober. Relatable?
5. There was truly something amazing about this antique shop. I walked through the doors and couldn’t believe my eyes how everything old and broken was on display. In full public view. And I was a fool hiding my heart. All this while. Bandaging poetry over it.
'Just take my hand, lead, dance with me...and I will simply follow the blueness of the water, the white waves rolling free...where the earth beneath my feet and stars make my heart whole again...in long and priceless moments of shared solitude...' -Oksana Rus
Do you know that the word PALTRY means (of an amount) very small or meagre ; trivial.
Use the word PALTRY in a sentence and post it in the comments below.
You are drowning within words that don't know the way to the fire escape, they disregard grace as they break through your skin. There are bloody entrails of you smeared across the paper which you carefully put into a golden cage and drop them at a stranger's house, for evaluation. You are trying to be beautiful, by getting rid of you; being hollow sounds so good, especially when done in pursuit of a beauty you know you do not posses. You are not cursive scribbles at 0300 or, Crumpled paper at 1700. You are the half torn page of the diary, translucent with salt water, which one keeps carefully buried in a book they are afraid to open- such dirty secrets are terrified of the light. You do not believe in killing your darlings with a wooden steak, but you still invalidate them with coherence- the applause is intoxicating. I see you carefully hiding the stale blood and splintered bones behind the veil of dark-matter; you say you are running out of space for new books to act as safes and you have always been good at colouring within the lines.
You are afraid of being empty, yet being empty sounds so good. You are petrified of their memory of you, but being remembered sounds so good.