A smile comes more naturally Or we have grafted it so well in us That we can imitate it spontaneously And this raises the stakes high If one needs to cry As this, is a volcano of so many pressed emotions That once released result into a salty fountain
"He saw me waiting For him to utter Looking into his eyes I saw his eyelids begin to stutter His eyes were moist And he was trying hard to keep himself strong and poised Because he has been raised Crying doesn't suit Man's grace"
"It must be difficult to find a voice when you have been a master mime While saying the words he never had in his lifetime The meaning of which he was familiar ( Like the warmth of his mother Like the safety with his father Or the comfort with his brother and sister ) But in words, he had never uttered Not to them, not to himself But he said it to me That he "loves me" "
"I saw him being so fragile Even being adamant I knew tears don't lie I just starred at him hard I had never witnessed a man cry I wanted to hold him tight But I have been raised like a son Told to be stiff from outside All I could do was clasp his hands And wait until he stops his cry"
"And for the first time, I heard another heart's voice All his nuclei spoke to ends of my nerves A language I was oblivious but was competent I held his hands and he went silent We touched heads Bow downed at what had surfaced The emotions we both had disguised (He in his jokes, laughter and muscles Me in my books, smile and manners ) Found a place for themselves In that awkward moment of being together, ourselves"
"I couldn't utter a "yes" But he read my eyes as I rubbed his tears"
That day I made a promise My son would not fear Of being himself, of his own tears My daughter will not learn "to be a son" She will be what she has chosen My children might be different as seasons They might not be raised on any specific equality equation But they will be treated as a person Both will be treated as a person They are human They will remain human
She will hug her man He will cry under the shelter of her hands Both will accept their emotions Both will stay human
//inspired from @elusive_me your post i told you touched me! // And from true incidences
Your lips curve a smile Laughter follows your storyline Till the corner of your lane Until it reaches your drawer full of pain Where the ignorance is gathered The hopes that are tattered The feelings that are shred The voices that are trapped
Your wall is so graced With pictures and quotes that are all over the place Till it vanishes behind your couch' legs In the angle where your walls curl up Where your stare often stucks The heap of damaged clothes piles up The wrappers once lost shows a heads up The unused guitar bring a suffocating lump
Over the couch that felt million ouch Quarrels and laughter from so many mouths The cushion after each party knows only sweet memories But the pillowcase holds a darker history The twist and turns while the clock remained frozen The sobs that it softened The heart that got hardened The cry of silence again left unspoken
I look beyond your house Away from those words decorating your wall Passing a hand over the creases of your couch Onto the pillowcase that's soiled, in a day twice Between the eyes, where your smile, breaths its demise And see you again Just for a while
You come out at night When the lights forget to shine You look up at the sky And for the first time You smile a real smile from two parts of your one heart To feel home You seek for constellations That are million light-years apart.
1) She giggled at her reflection The one being stared by his vision He coloured her hair's partition A signature of vermilion And her cheeks blushed a competitive shade of crimson
He held her hand and streaked away her bangs Bent to kiss her lips tickling her sense Just an inch away she stopped Taking "mummy's" name she made him drop Laughing loudly at his guilt face She ran away from that pink place
2) She stared back at her bare face The reflection still brought back all the lost days There weren't any tears and no more wails The vermilion has chosen now the lockers space The lips were chapped in a noiseless frame The obsolete giggle echoes in the room an abhorrent hymn She stared hard till her eyes began to pain The red colour was now locked in those eyes so ashen
3) The day arose when there came a dark horse He said he would ride her back into the land of prose Her own family was now in his support She laid terrified by what he proposed "How will he reboot my dead soul?'' "How he fancied filling my voids with his verbose?"
And she looked into father's eyes He pleaded her to think twice "You are young and deserves to be loved as a wife" "Reopen your gates let the flood flourish your desolate life" She stared again into fathers eyes Just to seek her husband's dad inside Took the car keys and she rushed outside The man followed her, promising her father to make her his bride She screamed hard when he reached her side "My husband is dead but not his wife" "My soul is married and this truth will always reside"
He screamed back 'but he is dead why don't you accept"
She said in a calm voice
"He is dead, my vermilion is swabbed But our love will always remain intact And I will hate him forever for leaving my hand Packing my smile away into cryptic land Forcing my broken ribs alone to mend In a land where none can read my unsaid In a land where I have to survive with me instead In a land where they try to pair me with another man
I've put a lot of emphasis on the structure of the poem rather than the writing. Also I've compromised good grammar just for the sake of keeping the aesthetics intact although it's not that good :D this is my first attempt at something like this so please go easy on me.
1. I realized that there is always more to a person than what he/she portrays to the world and most people who seem rude and entitled are often the loneliest.
2. I understood that there are many other factors that lead a person to take other for granted and sometimes you can’t control it.
3. I learned that you can do only so much to help someone cope with their problems and you can only provide comfort and nothing else.
4. I realized that going out with people doesn’t define friendship but staying in when they need you the most do.
5. I learned that surviving isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
6. It’s always easier to prioritize when you are stuck between two places in your life by thinking about the possible consequences for each decision.
7. I realized that it’s so much better to acknowledge a problem; at the time it occurs than to wait for the correct moment to address it. (Side note: There’s no such thing as a correct moment personal experience)
8. The Yes-Man policy works but not always.
9. You can almost always control what you say but when you can’t you needn’t feel guilty about it, for it was hidden in some part of your brain.(very very true and important)
10. It’s okay to sometimes cancel your plans just because you don’t feel like going.
11. There’s no compulsion for you to socialize if you are an extrovert, you can switch off if you want to.
12. I learned that there is no lack of opportunities; we just need to stop questioning our abilities.
13. I am not just saying this but there are no ugly people, just people with an ugly past.
14. Sometimes it’s okay to judge a book by its cover and oftentimes your gut does pick that right book.
15. Love has no limits. There are no hard fast rules of who you can fall in love with or how quickly you are allowed to love someone. Not a single person on this planet has the right or authority to create rules about intangible things. Love is love, plain and simple.
16. You can not control how people react to a situation. You can do your very best to try to lessen the blow or to keep the explosion contained but this will rarely help. Let them react how they must, it is their way of coming to terms with what is happening.
17. I learned how you can always leave the fragments of your worst life in the past and move forward with your life. A fresh start is always an option (and a good one atleast I believe so)
18. I learned the importance of letting your loved ones know that you love and appreciate what they have done for you because life is way too short to hold it all inside.
19. You are you and I am me and that is okay. The grass always looks greener on the other side, but in the wise words of Big Sean, “it’s greener where you water it.” Stop trying so hard to find flaws in your physicality and focus on your brighter aspects. That big mole on your nose? That makes you, YOU. The way you bite your lower lip when you’re nervous? That makes you, YOU. The books you read, the songs that make you cry, the things you find attractive in someone else; all these make you, YOU. And there is no one else like YOU. And that is okay. (atleast according to me it is)
20. Choose happiness. I’m sure you’ve heard before that happiness is not a destination. Maybe it isn’t. Or maybe it is. Either way, if you choose to be happy during your journey, your destination will be so much happier and full of love that you’ve collected along the way. Although it’s not such a bad thing to be sad sometimes. Don’t repress your tears. Let them flow. And after you’re done, choose to be happy for what’s yet to come. Try not to cry for the same reason again.(not eveything here I said is implied)
21. Stop and look up at the sky. This world is getting faster and changing rapidly every millisecond. It’s okay if you feel like you’re behind. It’s not a competition; stop trying so hard to catch up. You’re breezing past momentary blessings because you’re too busy searching for temporary satisfaction. Take a break sometimes and let the universe pull you in into her vast arms. That’s a billion year old hug and you better appreciate it from time to time.
22. You have to take things as they come. Don’t try to figure everything out beforehand because you will soon realize that you will spend far too long re-configuring it all later.
23. You can always tell when someone is putting effort in. They either want to talk to you or they don’t, they either have time for you or they don’t. Don’t be fooled by fake “I’m sorry’s” and “I’m just busy,”. People either put in the effort you deserve or they run the risk of losing you. It is just that simple. (harsh but true)
24. Stop destroying yourself. I know life sucks and people aren’t who they claim to be, but that’s not your fault. A moment of destruction can hinder you for years. You are as beautiful as the day the galaxies came together to produce this beautiful world we live in and nothing and no one can compare to that. If you want to destroy anything, destroy the old you. And replace it with a fresh, loving, kind bundle of ethereal beauty that is the new you.(very very important)
This is my last post, I hope this might be helpful, Thank you everyone for being a part of this journey! This place was like my home and has a very special place in my heart.. Like everyone else's.. I've met some very beautiful souls here,,, and I'm thankful for all the love that you all gave.. God bless you all! See you on the other side