An Opening (excerpt)
607. IAO OAI AIO
608. I speak now to those who may lawfully hear.
609. Depart all ye profane and close the doors.
610. HEKAS HEKAS ESTAI BEBELOI!
611. This, the Invocation of mine elements…
612. AEEIOYO P SSS PHR MMM EY EIA EE OOO AAA EEE YE YOE NN NN YEI AYI EYOIE METERTA PHOTH-METHARTHA PHERIE IEREZATH
613. Might I gaze upon the Immortal, the Undying!
615. The Spirit is loose in me, the Great Sea trembles!
617. And the blind angels in the gardens of the Airs play!
618. EIOAE PSENABOTH
619. Even as they meet and mingle, a Virgin Thought.
620. KRAOCHRAX R OIM ENARCHOMAI
621. And the Holy Fire breathes in me.
622. NECHTHEN APOTOY NECHTHIN ARPI ETH
623. With wonder am I divided before the sacred flame.
625. That I might stare upon the depthless waters of the dawn.
626. NYO THESO ECHO OYCHIECHOA
627. And even the condensing heavens might hear me.
629. I was born subject to decay, knowing the passing of night and day
630. And the mutability of the seasons and my lesser powers
631. For I had come to pluck a rose from the darkness
632. And found myself enchanted
633. Even as the Chalice overflowed
634. With my right hand I did raise myself up
635. Transformed by the Immortal Aeon
636. Consecrated by the fires of the elements
637. ASTRAIOS EYE YIA EEI AO EIAY IYA IEO!
638. I shall rise again in the Golden Hour, Lord of Heaven and Earth!
639. OEY AEO EYA EOE YAE OIAE
640. Lord and Light of the Ages!
641. A Sun am I: PSYCHON DEMOY PROCHO PROA, MACHARPH N MOYPROPSYCHON PROE!
643. And now all of the curious gods come rushing !
645. And I invoke thee, O Lord of Silence, Ever-living Unknown God: NECHTHEIR THANMELOY!
646. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPP! (Silence)
647. PROPROPHEGGE MORIOS PROPHYR PROPHEGGE NEMETHIRE ARPSENTEN PITETMI MEOY ENARTH PHYRKECHO PSYRIDARIO TYRE PHILBA
648. Hear the great Thunder of the Heavens!
650. And all are now embraced in the arms of sweetest Silence!
651. I am a great Light which shines forth from the deep, OXY O XERTHEYTH!
653. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPP! The Airs fill with the snowflakes of the stars!
654. Silence! Silence!
655. ASTRAIOS, ASTRAEA, EOS
656. Lord of the Fires of the whirling Airs, we hail thee! Lord of the Light, we hail thee!
657. Thine palace of pearl is fashioned O Lord, bound with the breath of the four-fold Word!
658. In the Name of YHVH!
659. PENTITEROYNI, I exhale the spiraling lightning-braids which grace the forehead of my lover!
660. SEMESILAM, I protect thee my Queen!, I embrace thee in my arms of Light!
661. PSYRINPHEY, I shall fashion thee a City of the Sun, a lovely Garden of Delights!
662. IAO OAI
663. ELOYRE, I am delighted by thy kisses!
664. AZAI, O most beautiful golden flower!
665. ACHBA, PEPPER PREPEMPIPI PHNOYENIOCH, AREI EIKITA
666. I lay upon your lilly-bed as you bathed in the fountain of fires!
667. You poured light upon me from above, I drank golden cider from your lips!
668. GALLABALBA AIO PYRICHIBOOSEIA SANCHEROB IE OE IOEIO
669. I called upon my Chariot with thunder-voice, and the red waters parted.
670. And the Wheels caught us up, we moved, the yellow skies paled.
671. The Faery-car sped even unto the gates of the city of the dead!
672. Oh, the torment of the motion! the agony of the moment!, the ever-rolling!
673. I hid fearful beneath the bright garments of my lady, I hid in mine own light.
674. BEEGENETE SOYSINEPHIEN SOYSINEPHI ARENBARAZEI MARMARENTEY
675. A mighty river of many colors unfolded, many paths descended beneath our feet.
676. Upon a barren mountain we landed, in a courtyard, before the glow of silver gates.
677. This, the opening of the way before the houses of the dead.
678. O Thou holy One, who bridles the restless beasts carved from the stars,
679. My soul is parched, my Lady lusts, Open ye the Gates!
680. PROPROPHEGGE EMETHEIRE MORIOMOTYREPHILBA
681. I invoke the Immortal, the Undying, the Unmanifest, the Unnamed!
682. EEO OEEO IOO OE EEO EEO OE EO IOO OEEE OEE OOE IE EO OO OE IEO OE OOE IEO OE IEEO EE IO OE IOE OEO EOE OEO OIE OIE EO OI III EOE OYE EOOEE EO EIA AEA EEA EEEE EEE EEE IEO EEO OEEEOE EEO EYO OE EIO EO OE OE EE OOO YIOE
683. Be Silent oh my God!
684. The Doors are opened, the Airs shudder, my Lady weeps!
685. Her wailing exhumes the light from the dark, Her pupils shrink!
686. Rise up, Oh my God! ARCHANDARA PHOTAZA PYRIPHOTA ZABYTHIX ETIMENMERO PHORATHEN ERIE PROTHRI PHORATHI
687. I am as a great God, with hair like swept fires and eyes of Light.
688. I am the Son of the Invisible and Unknown, the Keeper of Keys.
689. This is my Revelation: THRAPSIARI MORIROK EORO RORE ORRI ORIOR ROR ROI OR REORORI EOR EOR EOR EORE!
691. O My Lady, I painted myself in golden flesh that you might think me so lovely!
693. I even shackled the Giants who raped your image in the shining waters!
694. Why do you weep, O Queen of Heaven, your tears are like the sweetest poison!
695. I am lost in your tears! The Light I had shed from my laughing eyes is diffused, I am dragged beneath the silver seas, even as my paradise becomes a prison, I am forgetting…
696. Seven virgins have come to me, all hail, the loveliest Fates!
697. MINIMIRROPHOR CHREPSENTHAES MENESCHEES MECHRAN ARARMACHES ECHOMMIE TICHNONDAES EROY ROMBRIES!
698. O beautiful daughters, even now you weave for me a musical garment!
699. I have forgotten my name, the Void spits like a great Dragon, the Nights fires sing!
700. I am born an aborted babe, I lay abandoned in the bulrushes.
701. I am hidden from my God, a soft sweet voice calls.
702. O My Mother, you plucked me from my little boat as I floated upon the sea!
703. Oh, how happy I was as you hid me in your hair!
704. Your whispers awakened a fragrance in my veins, by your lullabies my light endures.
705. Even the marriage of the elements, the myrrh and frankincense, is spirited with the winds of cinnamon, and the ever-becoming!
706. O my Lord, be merciful to this orphan, this frightened child of light fallen!
707. AIERONTHI MERCHEIMEROS ACHRICHIOYR MESARGILTO CHICHROALITHO ERMICHTHATHOPS EORASICHE!
708. I Hail thee, Oh ruling Gods of the Great Wheel, by your hands am I fashioned.
709. But for the Invisible Fire!
710. I see you, golden-haired One,
descending from the heights, your eyes wild!
711. You entered in like an eagle through the cracks in the collapsing Dome!
712. MOKRIMO PHERIMOPHERERI, ASTRAIOS!..
713. Do not abandon your little brother; do not forsake your silent twin!
714. ENTHO PHENEN THROPIOTH!
716. I have found my Lord in the secret arboury of mine Heart!
717. I lay as a King slain upon the ancient oak, I taketh root
718. ERU ELUVATA AIN!
719. Star Opener! Song of the Flame Imperishable! Silent tongue of Anu!
720. MONWE VERDA ELMU VANNA AUL MONDUS NENNE UROM!
721. Even the Children of the Star-gardens gather within me!
722. PROPROPHEGGE EMETHIRI ARTENTEPI THETH MIMEO YENARO PHYRCHECHO PSERI DARIO PHRE PHRELBA!
723. I am the Eternal Revelation of the Unmanifest, an Ever-living Blossom of Fire!
724. I am PHEROYRA MIOYRI!