A call to end hunger and starvation ...
The worst position to be in, in this world is to be a homeless on the street and not know where your next meal is gonna come from !
Before humans fighting among themselves over imaginary borders and man made divisions of religion, nationalities, caste, creed, color, race, etc,
The world needs to declare a war on hunger and starvation and deaths resulting from it, thereof !
Despite producing more than food for everyone if the world can't feed it's population, then it's a sickness which must be attacked on the following fronts :-
1. Ban on beef and read meat, or at least some regulations and control over its artificial breeding as cattle rearing and such bovines themselves need to be fed over the many years.
2. Some degree of enforced and forceful vegetarianism is and was required as the need of the hour a long time ago, much more than a couple of decades ago but the world was too busy in economic growth and development even then to even take stock and notice the environmental impact of producing red meat on a large scale.
3. Not to mention the suffering, pain and the murky, poor and vulgar humanitarian aesthetics surrounding all the factory sized slaughterhouses located in all four corners of the world. It reeks of egotism and false pride that man could master nature and take control of it's creatures in such a savage and brutal way and pride himself to be on top of the food chain.
4. Coming back to the real world issues of hunger and starvation or on the lesser note, of it's manifestations as malnutrition, under nourishment, lack of proper quality food, lack of proper quantity of food generally found in kids can be resolved to a greater extent by this ban and regulations on red meat and artificial breeding, rearing, torture and ultimate slaughter of bovine animals in factory sized slaughter houses. The kind from where the happenings, coverage and video are not easily found, readily available and reported.
5. The animal fodder and feeder freed from the livestock of these many billions of animals which will not come into existence as they will not be bred and made to reproduce for their meat, will free space for vegetarian food that can feed the many dying and suffering today. The odd 25,000 humans, (most of which are kids - 90% !!) who currently die every day don't have to die for the lack of food.
6. Whether you like it or not, it is not any more a mere topic of discussion or a matter of choice, but it has become an objective reality that what we are doing is not acceptable by any of our own self proclaimed standards of what humanity or being humans really should be. By any standards, it is devastating to know the stats and till what extent humankind can go just to satisfy it's taste buds and then even justify its food habits.
7. If developed nations like USA can slaughter 10 billion farm animals and hens for meat in a single year !!!! Then it is a cause of worry as to where we are headed as humans or what our aesthetic sense, moral and ethical values really are. And where our priorities lie !!
8. We are just being adamant that we are restricted and are slaves of our food habits or that things cannot be enforced in a single day or changed overnight. More than climate, it's a serious concern if the world does not turn vegetarian for the most part of their meals, in large scale and mass numbers.
Vegetarianism is a way to be !
Next comes Veganism !
But milk and diary products are something that I will let go at the moment and simply talk about the evils of non-vegetarianism and non-vegetarian food habits and it's indirect and inevitable contribution to world hunger and starvation !
I have not yet begun to write about seafood and damage to aquamarine ecosystems ! Will save it for the next post !
- Anuj Chugh