What's that in front of you? A mountain? No it's not! It's just a hill. Stop just sitting there. Sitting there just waiting for something to happen that never will. Never will without your permission. So many of us feel so alone in a world full of people. What went wrong? We let a few people close us off.
Only you can answer the questions. The questions of what you need. Of what you want. It's just a hill. We've wasted too much time on unnecessary pain that has been added to actual pain.
Remember, you can't control what anyone else says or does. But you can control you. So, stop it. Stop being helpless. You're only fighting yourself. And you will lose every time.
1) My favorite since I was a teenager is Linear, Sending All My Love. I'm sending all my love to you
2) Wonderwall by Oasis. If I could sing that once without tears pouring from my eyes. It could be a real miracle. My good friend Brandon & I sang this together, on a ride one day. I had no idea he knew the words. I will never forget that moment.
3) Soul to Squeeze by The Red Hot Chili Peppers, I was thinking about this song. And thinking about Rob, at the same time. Wishing I could love on him.
4) She Rides by Danzig, one of my very favorite ones. If you have not heard it. You should.
5) Nine Inch Nails Physical, another favorite of mine. Again, if you haven't heard it, you should.
*Please DO NOT write your piece on the image. Put it in the caption only.
Happy Saturday dear writers! I've just finally finished reading and reposting all 89 submissions to the previous challenge, and I daresay that my armaments failed me about 20 or so posts ago. Methinks perhaps a long winter's nap is called for very soon over here. But not before posting this exquisite image as painted by the renowned and incredibly talented artist Lyla Nowras; and featuring various shades of my very favorite color: blue.
CHALLENGE CONCEPT: The concept of this challenge is to ponder the provided artwork and allow it to inspire you to write a poem consisting of no more than 30 lines. That bears repeating: your piece may have less than 30 lines, but NOT MORE, in order to qualify. Please post your piece in the caption area only.
RULES: ▪Use the mandatory image prompt provided. ▪ In the CAPTION AREA, write a poem of no more than 30 lines (less is fine), based on your interpretations of the image. ▪Be sure to credit the artwork to Layla Nowras. ▪English only please. ▪ONE submission only please. ▪HASHTAG your submission with #cees_blue_challenge in the caption area.
▪ABSOLUTELY NO profanity, plagiarism, obscenities, lewdness, rudeness, filth mongering, loitering, tomfoolery, grumpiness, idiocy, general malarkey, or unrelated shenanigans. ☘
CHALLENGE DURATION: You'll have the usual 24 hours from the time of posting to participate. The challenge is officially closed when it says '1d' in the upper right hand corner of the post.
*PLEASE SUPPORT your fellow participants by reading, commenting on, and reposting submissions that appeal to you, and PLEASE ALLOW up to three days for me to read and repost all of the submissions.