2020 has been a rough year for most of us out here. It has been one of my toughest years and it taught me a lot. I have lost people, who are never coming back. I have been mentally disturbed too, and I wanted to write about it but I didn't know how to put it. All thanks to @sangfroid_soul , for her post really showed me that writing about 2020 is not as much of a bad idea as I thought.
Twenty things that I will carry forward from 2020 :
1) People might leave and you might not get a chance to bid the final goodbye. So make sure you are always in some sort of touch with people who matter, else you will spend next years of yours drenched in regret. (I have lost three very close people this year, I wasn't in talking terms with two of them and now when I think about it, I cuss myself in every way possible. I cannot even close my eyes at times.) So always choose your words carefully, so that you don't regret them because you never which of it could be your last conversation with someone.
2) Time spent with family is precious. You are growing older and so are your parents and grand parents. Talk with them whenever you have time, else you will never know when there will be this huge difference in perspective between yours and theirs, which will only make life difficult in coming times for either side. And trust me, you will get to learn something out of every conversation.. for no matter what, they have seen more world than you.
3) What you read and what you watch plays an important part in shaping up the kind of person you are to become. Make sure you choose your read list and watchlist carefully. (Try avoiding salman khan movies)
4) Don't be judgemental. Let people do whatever they want to do, wear whatever they want to wear, eat whatever they want to eat. As long as it is not hurting anyone, let it be. No one is ever completely right, or wrong. Neither are you or them, nor are the ones who preach about right and wrong. Try being empathetic.
5) All of us have our own therapy that helps us calm ourselves down. For me it is painting. It could be writing or cooking or reading or may be anything else for you. Make sure you figure out yours, because it helps a lot. Art can do wonders, it can take your mind and soul to places that you cannot even imagine. Art works better than any medicine.
6) Trust is an important thing. Make sure you don't regret where and on whom you place your trust. People are cruel, sometimes as cruel as you, sometimes even more. Be wise.
7) People might hear a lot, but they listen what they want to listen to, they believe what they want to believe and they see what they want to see. So make sure you tell your story to the right people. For you never know how the wrong ones are going to carry forward the story.
8) We all create stories in our head. We all are the heroes of our stories, but just know that not every story needs a villain. Don't forcefully defame someone and make him the villain just to glorify the hero. Because people love glorifying stories and and they love to hate and criticise. They will hate him more than they will love you.
9) World is a beautiful place, and love makes it more beautiful. Try understanding what love really is. It is not just romantic, it has lots of dimensions to it. Seek for the right kind of love in the right places, life will get easier.
10) Self love is important. Before you try loving somebody, make sure you love yourself in the proper way.
11) There is no perfect time to fall for love. So if love finds its way into your life, embrace it. If it really is love, it is meant to heal you. Don't let it go, you will regret way more than you can imagine.
12) Don't argue with someone who thinks supporting the government makes him a patriot. Just say those three magical words and walk away.
13) Religion plays an important role in our world (specially in my country). Just know that you can love and respect your religion without defaming somebody else's. Don't fall for a political propaganda.
14) What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. Learn to accept the fact that you can be on the wrong side of things as well, and it is totally alright and you can always apologise.
15) Social media is a beautiful hoax. Never prioritise it. When you are in a moment, live it.. don't waste it by taking pictures after pictures. A picture in your heart is worth a million in your phone's gallery.
16) Stay away from people who make you believe that you cannot be loved. Stay away from those who LOVE TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE. Not everyone deserves an explanation. Don't waste your words.
17) Mirakee is one amazing place. It has helped me, and surely to most of it's members in lots of ways. It has helped me get over lots of tough nights, it has helped me write in a way I never knew I could. It is a beautiful habit, but make sure it stays as a habit, try not making it an addiction.
18) After you get through your initial phase in mirakee, you slowly become a part of the family, and that is when the eminence steps in. Make sure you write for yourself, make sure you focus on what you want to write and not what people want to read. This place is like a home to you, and me and lots of others.. keep this place clean.
19) You will come across new people everyday. Just be wise and carefully choose the people who you decide to keep around you (not just in mirakee). Eight out of ten hands are for shaking, not for holding.
20) Covid-19 virus was a curse to the entire world. We all have lost people and time, and life hasn't been much kind in last eight-ten months. Make sure you never forget it or what it has taught you. So that ten years from now when you look back, you can thank 2020 for making you wise and showing you that even the darkest of nights end and life goes on, no matter who or what is left behind.
"Rain rain (don't)go away, Come again another(every) day. Little Johnny wants to play"
When the sky downpours its happiness, i feel like an impala who moves with the first rain.
Windows afore my study table open as if a host welcomes the guests. As soon as the windows open, the petrichor drives the pages of my diary to and fro, the pen betwixt my pages drops down as if the pair is asking the, the pluviophile to scribble the tenderness of mizzle.
Not only the presence of b12 diverges my drowsiness but the quintessence it carries is just like fuel to heart and food to my soul.
The eternity when it rains at 3 AM makes me balter. The divine scent from doughy loam makes me chant for serein that belongs to the infinite skies.
They say it rains diamonds on saturn. But for me the rain here is enough to console my soul. And i thank the creator for not giving me life at Antarctica where it rains almost after 200 million years. Else i would've considered my existence tacenda.
time works in weird ways it's the desert sand, right? the tighter you hold it the faster it slips away just cannot put up a fight what happens if the tables are turned when time's holding the grip like a pit of quicksand numbing every movement leading to a prolonged dead-end trip standing still, motionless heartbeats echo like midnight chimes sticking with a moment seems poetic, no? but have you been stuck in time?
everybody's stuck between their heaps of debris in a point of no return mistakes made people wronged what's done can't be undone a few feel frozen in the quagmire of conscience unable to go any further feet dug deep under the crippling guilt un-alive, not dead either can't go back and beyond isn't an option accept the fate and thrive we are humans, after all if nothing, we know how to survive